Completing deficient charts is a necessary but time-consuming and sometimes frustrating activity. Physicians must routinely take time to go to the HIM department to complete records. Frequently, they cannot complete a deficiency because the chart is being used by someone else. Similarly, analysts’ work can be hampered by missing documents and lengthy delays in communications with physicians.
Deficiency Analysis/Completion Manager solves these problems by automating or facilitating many steps in deficiency analysis, record completion, and reporting. Analysts and clinicians alike can complete their work from any Internet-connected PC at their convenience, usually with just a few mouse clicks.
Why Cobius’ Deficiency Analysis/Completion Manager is better:
- Automates many analysis and completion steps
- Gives physicians the freedom to review, edit, and complete records from any Internet-connected PC
- Allows analysts and physicians to view entire records or only relevant documents, depending on their needs
- Allows multiple users to access records simultaneously, speeding completion while alleviating frustration, so missing records no longer delay records from being completed
- Shows deficiencies only to assigned physicians
- Notifies physicians when they login of deficiencies and delinquencies, and lets them start completing records with a mouse-click
- Creates comprehensive, real-time reports that track productivity and JCAHO-related statistics